Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Under the Linden Trees in Berlin...


Unter den Linden, as it is known in German, is a boulevard in the center of Berlin linking Brandenburg Gate to what used to be the royal palace.  The name comes from the line of linden trees up and down the boulevard, which were planted as part of a beautification project in the 17th century.

I am particularly fond of this street because the meaning of my name is "linden tree island".  I think I learned this when I was a young girl searching through the "Book of Baby Names" with my friends.  
One with myself ;)

Ben's last day in Berlin - 
Realizing how much he was going to miss me 
(I still have 16 days to go!!)

   Part of the boulevard has an art exhibit
This particular section was devoted to Sports photographers.

No comments:

Post a Comment