Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MUNCHEN.....or as we know it Munich

I left Frankfurt EARLY this morning for Munich.  The train was only about 3 hours by way of the Intercity Express.  There was some nice scenery to see along the way, especially Wurzburg which is part of the Romantic Road. 
Scene outside my train window - I love the fog rising up out of the hills

How cute is this puppy?!?  
I wanted to snuggle up next to it....don't worry Redd Dog, I still love you.

My hotel was very easy to find again because it is quite close to the main train station.  I checked in to my hotel - Creatif Elephant Hotel - random name! My room is much bigger, but I think the other hotel in general was nicer/cleaner.  Big plus, my bed is a double so I can stretch out tonight!

I walked around town until I found the main square, Marienplatz, and then I joined an English speaking walking tour.  There were only 3 of us on the tour, which gave me a chance to chat more with people.  YAY! Two more Aussies - they are all over the place.  The tour walked us around the Old Town section.  We ended the tour at the famous Hofbrau Haus where we stopped to have a couple of beers.  It was nice to relax and hang out with some other people.  I didn't take many pictures today because in the next 2 days I have people joining me and I think I will be touring the same areas.I have heard so many great things about Munich, so I will be sharing more.  I will actually be here until the 20th.

Part of the Isar River in the English Gardens
In the English Gardens, there is a section for nudists - saw one NAKEY man today.

Gardens at the Residenz

No comments:

Post a Comment