Friday, July 31, 2009

Attempting to become cultured...

While in Prague, I decided to immerse myself in the culture by indulging in some typical forms of entertainment.  I knew in Prague they were known for their ballet and their black light theatre, so we decided to see both as well as visiting a water/light show that we had heard numerous good things about.  

1. The ballet we attended was Swan Lake.  I have not seen a ballet since the Nutcracker as a little girl.  I very much enjoyed the music, and I appreciated the dancers abilities.  I am not sure if I will be attending another ballet soon, but it is definitely something I will do again.  
2. The black light show was entertaining.  The show was called "WOW" - which basically had no main story line, it was just about a man and his different dreams.  If  I were in Prague again, I think I would see another black light show. I wouldn't expect too much, but at least they provide entertainment.  
3. As for the water/light show - I would NOT recommend this to anyone.  First of all, we spent about 35 minutes getting out to the Krizkovy fountain which lies in what looks like old abandoned fair grounds.  It reminded me of the scene in the movie "Big" where Tom Hanks revisits the site of the carnival to find the same machine to make a new wish.  It was quite creepy and if I had been alone there is no way I would have stayed. The show consisted of the water pressure of the different parts of the fountain rising and falling to the music - which was terrible: Toni Braxton, R. Kelley, etc. They, of course, referred to this music as Top 20 Hits.
Prague National Theatre - Home to the Ballet

Swan Lake


Short Clip of the ballet

Aren't we cute?

Black Light Theatre - One scene from WOW
Pretty difficult to capture on film

Krizikova Fountain

Linds & CoCo...taking more pics of ourselves

1 comment:

  1. i'm loving up y'all's color coordination. have fun in graz!!!

    ReplyDelete