Sunday, July 26, 2009

Berlin

The first day in Berlin, Ben and I were exhausted.  The overnight train from Lindau didn't seem as relaxing as I thought it would be.  We both felt a bit of motion sickness the next day, almost like we had been on a boat all day instead of a train.  We took it easy - just checked in and walked in the nearby vicinity without checking out any major sites.  

The second day in Berlin, we took a bus tour around the city.  The tour didn't allow us to get out and take pictures, but it provided us with a great background of the city and some of the historical sites we wanted to check out on foot later.  The tour guide explained because we couldn't take pictures she would provide us with a CD full of the sites we passed....well she was FULL of it - there seem to be no pictures on the CD I received.

Luckily, Ben and I toured the city on foot the next day and on my last day I took a bike tour.  I have found that I like Berlin much more than Munich.  It might be because so much of the history of the city is so recent.  It actually boggles my mind to think that only 20 years ago, this city was such a different place.

Including all pictures in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment