Friday, July 17, 2009

Just enjoying the sites

On Carolyn's first day, we decided to walk around the city and view the sites ourselves.  I tried to show her and tell her everything I could remember from my walking tour the previous day. We must have walked for 5 hours.  It was so nice to have someone along to talk to.  We found ourselves "lost" a few times on side streets or in alleys because we would be talking so much and not even paying attention to where we were going.  When we reached the city center, Marienplatz, I talked Carolyn (who is afraid of heights) into walking up a clock tower that provides a view of the city.  The stairs were miserable - we were huffing and puffing our way up there, but I think it was worth it.
View of Marienplatz from above
"New" Town Hall

CoCo in the narrow staircase in the clocktower
 
Along the way to Marienplatz is Karlplatz where this fountain is.  There were kids just running around in their underwear, even girls!!  I think it is weird, but again they have no issues with nudity.

No comments:

Post a Comment