Thursday, July 30, 2009

Living Bohemian Style

I arrived in Prague on Monday.  I found my hotel right in the center of Old Town - I couldn't have asked for a better location.  Monday afternoon I took a boat tour down the Vltava River which runs through the center of Prague.  It was a beautiful day and a nice way to relax after a 5 hour train ride.  On Tuesday, I woke up and took a walking/bus tour through the main sites of Prague, including Prague Castle.  Carolyn was arriving Tuesday afternoon by train from Graz.

So far, I can honestly say Prague is a wonderful city.  It is small, quaint, and has that great European feel I love when I travel.  The city is small enough to walk everywhere and you can see most of the major sites in a day, which allows plenty of time to sit in a cafe and relax.  One of my favorite parts of traveling is getting to experience and enjoy the day to day life of someone who actually lives in the city. 
Ventana Hotel - located above Swarovski Crystal

Celenta Street (location of hotel)
Oldest street in Prague 
Part of the Royal Route leading to Prague castle

No comments:

Post a Comment