Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Surfers?!?

Bet you never thought you could see surfers in a landlocked country...I had read about people surfing on the Isar River before I left for Germany.  When we came across some of the surfers while walking though the English Gardens, I never expected them to be very good, but they were, especially for the small area they were working with.  It actually looked quite dangerous.  I am not sure how you work up the courage to try it for the first time....my guess is that some of these people had learned to surf somewhere else.
Think you are able to see how narrow this is....
it is also very shallow and rocky.
It reminds me of the surfing thing at Schlitterbahn

The only girl our there - she gave it a try, but didn't actually stay up
Giving her props though cause I would never try it
Very interesting to watch.  I will definitely be going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment