Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Palmengarten: Botanical Gardens

I LOVE gardens....and these gardens reiterated the feeling.  They were so peaceful and serene , but they made me want share the experience with someone else (someone I know LOVES gardens more than me ;)).  Even the walk from my hotel to the gardens was scenic and relaxing - the medians were wide and filled with grass, walkways, ponds, and flowers.  Why don't we have anything like this in Houston??

HUGE Hydrangeas....aren't they gorgeous?!?!

Flower beds in front of the green house

There were plenty of hidden spaces in the Gardens, like Central Park.
I turned a corner and found this pond with a waterfall.

2 comments:

  1. Beauty! The hydrangeas are everywhere..it's heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those gardens, Linds. Really a great travelogue you've done! How did you learn to put together such a super blog? Say hi to Coco for me in 24 hours!!!!

    ReplyDelete