Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg

Those of you who love musicals, and I know you are out there, would have loved this tour.  I haven't seen the Sound of Music in ages, but I can still sing most of the songs.  After going on the tour and seeing where so many parts of the movie were filmed I now have a deeper sense of appreciation for the film.  I am dying to get home to rent it and relive Maria's adventure with the Trapp family!

Our tour bus

Remember this?  They are running through the park singing 
"DO a deer, a female deer, RE a drop of golden sun..."

Backyard of the Trapp Mansion
(Used a different house for the actual facade of the house, 
very confusing when it came to filming)

Church where Maria and Captain von Trapp are married

"I am sixteen, going on seventeen...."

2 comments: