Monday, August 10, 2009

Last stop, VIENNA

Writing a blog takes a lot of work and a lot of effort, and frankly I am just too tired to write anything anymore. I need to give props to all of those who actually keep up with one of these things - You are a HARD worker and don't let anyone else tell you differently.  Now on that note, I am going to let my pictures do all of the storytelling.  But I will say, I think Vienna is quite beautiful...it is also a very clean city for its size.  
St. Stephen's Cathedral
Stephansdom - said to be the center of Vienna, 
where all distances are measured from

Front of Stephansdom

Rathaus - Town Hall
My hotel was located on Rathausstrasse

Just my luck - there was a Film Festival at the Rathaus 
during my entire stay
It actually lasts for 6 weeks.  
So every night, I had free entertainment.

Hundertwasserhaus
(House painted by the Austrian artist Hundertwasser, now occupies 60 tenants)

Pinocchio
(Marionette theatre is huge here)

Franz-von-Assisi-Kirche

Stadtpark or City Park

Burg Theatre

Gold statue of Johann Strauss - Composer

Riesenrad or Giant Ferris Wheel at the Prater (fun fair)
Erected in 1897

Botanical Gardens in Burggarten

Award for Most Creative Street "Performers"

Votivkirche

Mozart in Burggarten

Anchor Clock

Parliament Building

Entrance to Hofburg Imperial Palace


Statue of Beethoven

St. Charles Church

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTY PICS LOU! And yes, blogging can be a lot of work, but most bloggers don't have a new city to tell all about every 4 days...that's much harder. you've done a great job and I don't blame you for being tired of talkin' and letting the pictures tell the stories. k, bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea lenig! awesome blog. you totally had me jealous here in the states and it looks like you had a REALLY good time!

    ReplyDelete