Sunday, August 9, 2009

Salzburg Sites

Great place to visit....I definitely plan to go back one day.  Salzburg provided all the charm and beauty of Rome with its Baroque architecture, but the smallness of the city allowed me to cover all the major sites in one afternoon.  I love the proximity of the city to the mountains and the lake region.  I didn't fit in all of the outside activities, so when I return (and I will) there will be room to experience something new.

Here are some pictures from around the Old Town part of the city:
 
Mozart's Birth House

View from my hotel - down the Salzach River

Mirabell Palace

Residenz Fountain

Salzburg Museum

Statue of Mozart in Mozart Platz

Mirabell Gardens

More of the gardens

Inside the Bier Garten

Augustiner Bier Garten - biggest one in Austria

View of Old Town Salzburg

Tunnel through the hill on the backside of the Old Town
The town is literally built into the hillside - 
many building are half in and half out of the mountain

Open air market - one of my favorite things to do in Europe


Another favorite - 
little alleyways that lead to hidden treasures and great cafes

2 comments:

  1. beauty!!! can't wait to go. -coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have done it right! i'm loving up your trip and TOTALLY wish i was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete